Thursday, July 01, 2004

 
Moore vs. Nader

In a bizarre sequel to 2000, Michael Moore and Ralph Nader have hit the skids. I wouldn't want to get between the two of them, since this thing is guaranteed to be ugly. Barbara Ehrenreich reports that, in an opening salvo:

Fat? Anorexic? This might make the oldtime WWF look civilized. I can't take sides here, though I suspect my dislike for Nader exceeds my dislike for Moore. On top of that, it's amusing to read the feminist Ehrenreich using anorexic as a slur.

What exactly did Nader say? The Washington Post reports the following:

Addressing Moore:
    [My friends are] trim and take care of themselves. Girth they avoid. The more you let them see you, the less they will see of you.

About Moore:
I'm really disgusted. I don't care for Moore politically, but slamming him on his weight is beyond petty. Nader's own asceticism perhaps makes him less tolerant of Moore - I frankly doubt that most people would dissociate from Moore due to his weight. Or do Ralph Nader and his aforementioned friends have the social ethics of 12 year olds?

Slam Moore in the morning, defend him in the afternoon. What a weird day.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?