Sunday, March 14, 2004

 
One of the most annoying features of the 2000 election is resurfacing: the debate about having debates. Team Bush will probably follow precedent and try to avoid them to the extent that it can. There were some particularly asinine antics on their part the last time around and I expect no better of them this time. Team Kerry wants monthly debates. I can appreciate the spirit of that but I wonder if that would really be beneficial or if having them would simply water down the importance of debates. Three seems to have been the usual number of debates in the past, plus one for the vice presidential candidates. I don't see a great reason to go beyond that number, but I wouldn't say that it's wrong for Kerry to try.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?